News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

light weight legal bike?

Started by lightweight, August 18, 2006, 04:57:14 PM

George_Linhart

whine, whine, bitch, moan.  If the bike is that much better, buy one and race it.  There is always a reason somebody is going faster than you, its not always about the bike.

lightweight

Who is talking about superbike, I am talking about this thing running with 125's and 250's that is all. So to all those on-line tough guys, chill out and get a grip. And for your info, I know the guy on the BMW is Fast on other bikes also. I saw him jump on a mille for the 1st time at shenadoha and turn 1:33's. But that is not the point. I am talking about the bike it self.  I really want to know where they get the calculations for figuring out which bikes can run in which class.

Super Dave

Years and years of history and experience usually guide the decision making process for where the bike ends up.

Being an air cooled bike that weighs a ton and makes really good power...Again, it certainly isn't a middleweight bike.

SV's can make good power too. 

We can talk about the bike alone, but it doesn't matter a whole lot.  It's like a gun.  You've got to have someone to use it.  Nate's fast, so his well running and heavy BMW does well.  125's & 250's?  Yeah, well, I haven't seen many people rider those GP bikes like they should be ridden for years.  There was a time when they (250's) were setting the lap records at race tracks.  They were faster than 600's.  Should they be middleweights too?  No, because of the history and experience available to the individuals that have had input into class rules, they are lightweight bikes.

You are more than welcome to put together a rules proposal and submit it to CCS.
Super Dave

Super Dave

Quote from: SVbadguy on August 19, 2006, 08:42:37 AM
This isn't the '80s and '90s anymore.

Well, yeah, I'll agree...

But my 600 Katana made about 80HP in 1988, and I don't remember passing VFR750's in a straight line or anything.  Really seems like you might have more problems that cause it to make so little HP.  My opinion.
Super Dave

ScubaSteve

Quote from: lightweight on August 19, 2006, 10:58:42 PM
Who is talking about superbike, I am talking about this thing running with 125's and 250's that is all. So to all those on-line tough guys, chill out and get a grip. And for your info, I know the guy on the BMW is Fast on other bikes also. I saw him jump on a mille for the 1st time at shenadoha and turn 1:33's. But that is not the point. I am talking about the bike it self.  I really want to know where they get the calculations for figuring out which bikes can run in which class.

It wasnt you who said something about sb it was someone else so dont get your feathers all ruffled.

If a certain bike dominates a class so be it go out and buy it or prove yourself and beat that person.
Steve

CCS FL

xseal

If you want a spec SV class, start that somewhere else.  Wera's lw class is close to that.

I think a little variety is nice. I bought a 1000 ducati 2-valver so I could race LW and not be one of the SV lemmings, and I think its great to have Nate in the class.  As for Buells, if you think its such a huge advantage, get one.  Unless you're racing for a living, what is the big deal?

ecumike

Haven't we been down this road already. Yea it sucks, but don't be a hater b/c there's a guy who's got skillz that's riding it.

I would actually like to see someone else ride the BMW and see how much the 'bike' matters. Hell, Nate could probably hop on one of the LW-legal Duc's and romp everyone as well. Then what?.. would everyone say those Duc.s don't belong in LW?

Sure, every race I'm in with Nate is a race I'm pretty much guaranteed never to win, but it's not like my million dollar contract is not going to get renewed b/c Nate always beats me.

I'd say just accept the fact that he's gonna win and race on, or join him and race one yourself.

PJ

I think the LW classes provide the most diverse, entertaining and competitive grid in CCS. Liquid-cooled Ninja and SV 650/700s, air-cooled Ducati 900/944/1000s, air-cooled Buell 984/1200s, and air-cooled BMW 1150/1200s. Add GP 125s and 250s for the GP class, and it's a pretty cool mix.

Check the results and you'll see that riders of each of these bikes can and do win LW races (and some bump up and run competitively in Thunderbike and SuperTwins). 

Maybe it's time for you to man up and learn how to ride faster, Mr. Lightweight. You're lucky you have a rider of Nate's caliber to race against and learn from. He will make you faster for chasing him, just as racing against Ed Key in the Midwest region has done for me and many others.
Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70
www.facebook.com/jamesgangracing
www.twitter.com/jamesgangracing

Super Dave

Super Dave

PJ721

Paul Castiglia
CCS - #524 - SV650

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Laugh uncontrollably...
And never regret anything that made you smile....

xseal

+3.

I'd rather race against Ed Key, Nate Kern and the Buells than the AMA privateers that show up to the big club races anyway. 

catman

all Good-yea when N8 passes me,i get to see (albiet shortly),his line .Not much explanation but the proofing is always right in front of me 8) ! +4 from me too! John in NJ