2004 Am. Super Twins Champion
Florida Region,  
Moto ST #96, Corvette #6, Patriot Guard Rider

PJ721

from the HJC web site...

http://www.hjchelmets.com/

HELMET USAGE

Helmet Replacement (All Models)

Although your HJC Helmet is constructed with the best materials available to offer a long-lasting product, it will eventually need to be replaced. Immediately replace your helmet if:

• It has suffered an impact. Your helmet is only designed for ONE impact. An impact may fracture the outer shell or compress the impact absorbing liner. You may not be able to detect this damage. Any impact in a crash or a drop from as low as 4 feet is enough to damage your helmet.

......ya think they are going to say "yea go ahead that helmets fine....." you crash again...sustain a head injury....and oh look HJC said my helmet is fine I'm gonna get them for every cent I can...

racers don't go broke from buying new gear/equipment...we go broke cause it's not ping pong.....

$400 - new helmet....or
$10 - bondo and paint...and

$ 1,000,000 for hospital stay and lifelong rehab due to head injury sustained from crashing in an already damaged helmet...priceless and STUPID
Paul Castiglia
CCS - #524 - SV650

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Laugh uncontrollably...
And never regret anything that made you smile....

Knightslugger

you guys make me want to strangle kittens...

it's a scratch.

motomaniac

Quote from: Knightslugger on December 07, 2009, 10:16:31 PM

it's a scratch.

Guess it sucks to be you then having to buy a new helmet. Over the past 20 years I've been racing I've replaced over 10 helmets, some that had just a scratch.. oh well.. at least I'm still racing.
Ex#61

Burt Munro

Quote from: tstruyk on December 07, 2009, 09:45:47 PM

Much love to ya Burt!  If I dont see ya at the xmas party sat are you workin the Ho Ho show sunday?  

Gonna have to pass on both.  I've got a swim meet at Mizzou Sat. and Sun.

Give Papa Roach my regards on Sunday!   :cheers:
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

HAWK

Quote from: dylanfan53 on December 07, 2009, 08:49:52 PM
...but what if he has xray eyes?  huh?  what about that? 

All right, IF he knows how to use them than I trust his assessment.
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

spyderchick

it's a scratch.

You strangle even one kitten and there will be hell to pay...  :err:

Thanks for the entertainment though. Been kinda quiet around here lately.

If you can't afford to replace a helmet after a crash, (even one with a wittle bitty scratch), you can't afford to race.

BTW, you got some nice health insurance? Better check that they cover motorsports...

Yes I'm being particularly obtuse this fine morning.  :biggrin:
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

gpz11

it's a scratch.

Well, it might just be a scratch but because you brought it up, it will probably never pass tech.

Farmboy

Quote from: tstruyk on December 07, 2009, 09:45:47 PM

As mentioned when someone tries to sneak a subpar piece of equipment through tech they are MORE likely to notice it the second time through.  Those that are notorious for having immaculate machines are scrutinized less, repeat offenders are looked over more thoroughly.  Probably the same for a first year AM trying to get a banged up lid through tech... nothing personal just sayin...

...and guys who like to argue breeze right through too.

it's a scratch.

Imagine how we feel. I'm irritated enough to stomp on a hamster (and they're about to save our sport!)
Jim Berard CCS MW#904

spyderchick

Quote from: Farmboy on December 08, 2009, 09:04:18 AM

Imagine how we feel. I'm irritated enough to stomp on a hamster (and they're about to save our sport!)

Hamsters? HAMSTERS? You must be irritated.  :ahhh:
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Knightslugger

Quote from: spyderchick on December 08, 2009, 08:42:00 AM
You strangle even one kitten and there will be hell to pay...  :err:

Thanks for the entertainment though. Been kinda quiet around here lately.

You're welcome?

QuoteIf you can't afford to replace a helmet after a crash, (even one with a wittle bitty scratch), you can't afford to race.

The question is, why would i even bother replacing it? there's nothing dangerously wrong it. Goes along with what Motomaniac said, he's replaced 10 in 20 years, some just with scratches. If that's all that was wrong with them, i think it foolish to do so (a waste of money) if they were to the degree this one is.

QuoteBTW, you got some nice health insurance? Better check that they cover motorsports...

Yes i do, and yes they do (remember my previous accident? $60,000 to fix. COVERED i paid $1000). i would not even be riding motorcycles without good health insurance. that would be brainless.

eboos

Quote from: Knightslugger on December 08, 2009, 09:14:09 AM
The question is, why would i even bother replacing it? there's nothing dangerously wrong it. Goes along with what Motomaniac said, he's replaced 10 in 20 years, some just with scratches. If that's all that was wrong with them, i think it foolish to do so (a waste of money) if they were to the degree this one is.

That is the price to pay. I junked a brand new pair of gloves once after one crash. To answer your above question, what if there was more then just scratches wrong with his helmets, but the damage was undetectable? Why take the chance when you can do everything in your power to make sure you are using properly servicable gear?
LRRS #205 Novice
2000 Buell M2
2010 Sponsors: Precision HD/Buell, Precision Triumph, Boston Moto, Superbike Toy Store, Pilot, Braking, RK Chains