Michelin Tire Question

Started by H-man, January 08, 2007, 01:31:03 PM

paco

Were is this code at? I am looking at my tyres and do not see the "code" PR1/2 or C. Maybe I have some fake tyres.

Super Dave

It will be on the sides.

Might be PR1, PR2, PRC, S2, M2, H2, Medium Soft, etc.

Something like that.

It will be molded into the tire.
Super Dave

251am

Quote from: Paco on January 11, 2007, 10:14:25 PM
Were is this code at? I am looking at my tyres and do not see the "code" PR1/2 or C. Maybe I have some fake tyres.

There's a lot of fake English Tyres around!! Find the model rubber you have? 

H-man

Quote from: Super Dave on January 12, 2007, 04:34:26 AM
It will be on the sides.

Might be PR1, PR2, PRC, S2, M2, H2, Medium Soft, etc.

Something like that.

It will be molded into the tire.

D'oh!   He didn't flash the secret hand sign first.  You may have given away classified info. :D
Black Ops Racing
WERA/Fasttrax #42 (N)

"Life has a certain flavor for those who have fought and risked all that the sheltered and protected can never experience."  - John Stuart Mill

Super Dave

Double, secret probation for him.
Super Dave

H-man

Whoa!  This is troubling.  Dean Wormer is exactly who I was thinking when I wrote that.    :cheers:
Black Ops Racing
WERA/Fasttrax #42 (N)

"Life has a certain flavor for those who have fought and risked all that the sheltered and protected can never experience."  - John Stuart Mill

Super Dave

Maybe we were separated at birth?
Super Dave

H-man

SD, you should know my brotha from anotha mutha  :thumb:
Black Ops Racing
WERA/Fasttrax #42 (N)

Scotty Ryan

If i can comment - I really like michelins - the problem i had with the PR1\2 was that the front tires were inconsistant. Fine one lap - on my ass the next - irreguareless of how we set the bike up. The new C was the greatest thing since sliced bread! And they wear like iron. The 5 rear is good if you need to do more then 10 laps. The 3 is perfect for individual spints,qualifying or sliding the bike around after the tire is gone. I recently tried a few 190 rears - and thats the way to go!
"MMMM - Fork Oil For Breakfast"

61 or 61 X - Which will it be??