Top Triple Clamp

Started by extrakt0r, June 01, 2005, 11:43:16 AM

extrakt0r

Looking for an Aftermarket Top Triple Clamp that comes W/O the provision for the stock ignition. Going to remove my key/ignition on my race bike and would prefer to clean up the area and not have a eye-sore of a empty ignition hole.

Anyone got any links?
Mike Simone
CCS/ASRA Great Plains EX #619
www.teamsimoneracing.com

2005 CCS AM Unlimited GP Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperBike Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperSport Champion

L8brake731

I don't know what type of bike you race but, if you know someone with a mill, have it milled off and the sufaces cleaned up as well.

After market clamps are great too, but if you are not dealing with any flex problems, why spend the extra $$?
S. Fukiage
CCS/ASRA  #731

Super Dave

Changing the top triple won't allow you to run Unlimited Supersport.

Keep it simple, Mike
Super Dave

Eric Kelcher

Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Woofentino Pugrossi

Heres a cornerworkers perspective about them.

Keep the key in the stock location. If we have to pick a bike up and teh power is still on, motors off and theres gas leaking, well if it starts on fire, oh well it will be back on the ground asafp. Or if you end up going to teh med shed via ambulance, well your battery probably will be dead when you finally get teh bike back to your pits.

I had to pick a bike up in T6 at BHF that teh gas tank was leaking, teh right clipon was GONE, teh guages were sparking (even with the start.stop switch off theres still electrical power) and the racer moved teh ignition switch. We could had been able to roast marshmellows over that R6 if it caught fire.

AS Dave said, just keep it simple.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Super Dave

QuoteHey Dave why?

Are you saying that one can change triple clamps in SS?

If one can, the CCS rules are now absolutely ridiculous...
Super Dave

extrakt0r

Thanks for the great responses..

I will just keep it simple, and leave her alone, I did safety wire the key to the triple thou so I don't worry about losing it.  ;D But It can still be removed from the igintion, just not lost.

But I don't see anywhere in the rule book that says you cant replace your triple clamps in SS. Unless the Triple is considered part of the frame, then under section 6.1.2(a) that would exculde it, but don't see "Triple Clamp" listed anywhere.

Thanks Again.
Mike Simone
CCS/ASRA Great Plains EX #619
www.teamsimoneracing.com

2005 CCS AM Unlimited GP Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperBike Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperSport Champion

Super Dave

The whole historical origin of "supersport" when it was created in the 80's was that the bike was very, very similar to the actual production model.  Exhaust, DOT race tires, internal engine blue printing, minor internal fork modifications, and a rear shock basically.

If CCS is getting so far away from that....

What's the story Eric?
Super Dave

Eric Kelcher

Aftermarket triple clamps have been legal for as long as I have raced CCS (2000).
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Super Dave

Ridiculous.

I have been racing CCS since 1988.  It's ridiculous.  How far away from a reasonable center should things be?
Super Dave

Zac

QuoteRidiculous.

Why?  Supersport classes are supposed to be cheaper, but after a $2k full Ti exhaust, a $1k shock, and some $1k fork cartridges, what's a few hundred bucks on an adjustable triple clamp?

-z.

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quotewhat's a few hundred bucks on an adjustable triple clamp?

-z.

Some of those aftermarket clamps are able to change steering geometry by changing inserts..
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod