News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Daytona AMA

Started by weggieman, February 13, 2007, 06:28:07 PM

weggieman

Who is going to the AMA weekend in Daytona?

Russ Intravartolo and I are going to meet in Orlando on the 7th and head over for the fun......... no racing, just partying!  :cheers:

catman

Goin for my second year - if your there fri eve the supercross is on, $30 a general admission but sure will warm us up for the next day! Were staying with an ole NJ buddy in COCOA for 8-9 days! Pm me if your thinkin of the superX, and  just wanna have fun ( cellphone #s could be exchanged) -we will be near first turn during the race but earlier, we will be in the hospitality tent! Keeping a good Eye on Rob Oliva's  mechanic :cheers:

steeltoe

My third year for this.  Last year was awesome seeing the new R6 and gsxr600 for the first time.  This year we get the MV's, new R1's, New gix1000's and maybe we'll see the Buells put a fight this time.  I'll be in the infield overlooking the Horseshoe again.

Jeff

can't make it this year.  Balancing finances, vacation & the fund, it won't work...  Perhaps next year though!
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

steeltoe

More madness from Duhamel this year?  Still can't believe he fell last year.  Hopefully no pace car stupidity this time.

catman

Yea Duhamel's toss! - couldnt hear a damn thing last year on the loudspeakers in the glorified (mo) money nextel tower seats- this year we are by turn one lower in the rows!  :cheers: :err: :cheers: :err: :cheers:         ........AND.........I dont ever remember anyone crashing , getting up,feelin it out, and gettin 5th place anyway- He prolly has a point to make this year and he is my pick ....for 2nd place,........Rob Oliva ..#1    <<<>>><<><<<><<><><><><><><><> :wtf:

Scotty Ryan

I'll be there... This will be my first time on the famous road course....  Let the mayhem begin - wish me luck :thumb:
"MMMM - Fork Oil For Breakfast"

61 or 61 X - Which will it be??

Super Dave

Quote from: steeltoe on February 14, 2007, 12:16:35 PM
Hopefully no pace car stupidity this time.

Um, Jumbo shirmp, military intellegence...

The pace car is stupid.  Stupid hurts.  It will again.  Maybe not this year, but another year it will.
Super Dave

tug296

I'm trying to make a few this year, at hopefully least the Super Cross and the 200, also trying to make the Vintage races.

I've thought for many years about why not have a couple of big pace bikes for the longer events.
Gold Wings handle well enough and are fast enough to do the job, put plenty of light bars, Coms, strobes and markings on the thing.
Henry Madsen CCS Expert #396 
2004 Am. Super Twins Champion
Florida Region,  
Moto ST #96, Corvette #6, Patriot Guard Rider

Team_Serpent

Dad and I will be there along with a couple of extra crew members.  Like Scotty this will be my first time at Daytona, going down for the CCS / ASRA races to learn the track and get up to speed for the 200!  We have a garage so stop by and say hi!

Jason Temme
AMA#861

weggieman

We'll be all over the place I'm sure. I'll try to catch all of you.

Friday night is short track racing at Municipal stadium. I never miss that when I'm down there. The racing is just so good. Sitting in the front rows just off turn 2 is great.......nothing like big singles blasting by throwing dirt in your beer. :cheers:

Super Dave

Jesse and his family going down?

And do you have Steve or Jesse's number?  My phone got ran over, and I don't have a lot of numbers anymore. :whine:
Super Dave