News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Pre Entry for CCS to answer...

Started by Super Dave, November 21, 2002, 01:52:31 AM

Super Dave

Pre entries will be accepted up to two weeks prior to the event.

Here's my beef...

There is nothing in any rule book or mailing that explains any of the mumbo jumbo that I hear about pre entering for the whole year.

Frankly, if it isn't published and available to the whole body of racers, I find it extremely troubling.  This becomes an unfair advantage over other riders.

How do you do it?  I've heard that one can ask to be entered for the whole year, and CCS does not bill the rider until two weeks prior to the event.

Information would be greatly appreciated.
Super Dave

EX#996

Quote I've heard that one can ask to be entered for the whole year, and CCS does not bill the rider until two weeks prior to the event.

I have heard that WERA does it that way, but I haven't heard that CCS does.  It will be interesting to read their response.

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

sdiver68

It was my understanding that pre-entry for the year involves getting the standard pre-entry sheet from the net and filling one out for each race weekend you want to participate in, and then sending them all in and paying everything then.  No 2 week before, just 1 big hit on the credit card :O

Last year, I pre-entered 3-4 race weekends at a time, and that's exactly what I did.

If there is another method, I'd love to know.
MCRA Race School Instructor

spyderchick

In 2002, Rhiannon pre-entered for the entire season on her debit card. Of course CCS billed her for the entire amount, for which funds were not available. Thus she was not able to pre-enter for the entire year.
The thing is, there is some kind of law in place, and I'm not an accountant or lawyer, so I'm not certain if it would apply to race entries, so that you can't be billed on your credit card for services or goods not performed or delivered.
Food for thought
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

TiffineyIngram

SDiver has it absolutely right.  When someone sends in a pre-entry, I MUST charge it right then.  In 2001 when we waited to charge the races until 2 weeks before the race the amount of declined credit cards was at least four times what they are now, and when it happened then there wasn't time to call each person and get payment.  By the time they were charged for the race they had forgotten about it, and it was just a big mess.  So, Clearchannel's policy is now that when an entry comes in, we must charge it right then.  As far as pre-entering for the year, as soon as the schedule is released AND the current year's forms are available (for example, I cannot take 2003 entries on a 2002 form), you are free to begin pre-entering.  As far as that law that you're talking about, it does exist, however, the goods/services a person is paying for with CCS ARE always rendered--a pre-entry is paying for an entry into a race to ensure a preferred grid position.  Although the services paid for may be months in advance, you still get what you pay for.

Super Dave

Hey, thanks.  That does clear it up.

So, then when will the new forms be available.  That becomes an issue when they are not available on line, or they are mailed, lost, or the time in transit is different person to person.

Daytona is a good example there.  It's a specail entry, but if you're located further away from where the forms come from, your grid it further back.  With short races, high horsepower, and money at stake manufacturer contingency) at the beginning of the year.
Super Dave

TiffineyIngram

The new forms will go out with the license renewals in the next couple of weeks.  However, as soon as they're produced, we will (TRY VERY HARD TO) put them on the website, or I can email them out.  I will post it on here when I have the forms available.  Here's a hint for Daytona--like I said above, as soon as the forms are produced, I can send them out (after 3 days for snail mail to get to people).  Your best bet is to watch on here for when I announce that the Daytona mailers have been sent, wait three days, and then ask me to fax it or email it.   ;D

RC51Racer

;)
No matter what you do, I still love ya Tiff... ;)

Mike

fzr400tony

if you want to pre-enter for the year, you can fill out all of the info on one sheet, except track/date.  then photo-copy for all of the events you want to attend.  then all you have to do is fill in the tracks and dates.

just a thought.  

Ungwaha

My Daytona mailer got to me the day after the cut-off date....lol  which is nothing new around here.
the only good thing is I didn't have the money to race ROc so it didn't bother me THAT much.

The Road America mailer came a WEEK after the cut-off but there was no way I was going to make that one anyways.
Damn I'm slow