For Tiffeny: Parent's Permission?

Started by Nate R, December 17, 2002, 08:37:42 PM

Nate R

Tiffeny,

I'm 17 and currently hold a CCS license. In 2003, I don't turn 18 until Mid-June.

As far as a "permission slip," what do I need as far as wording from my parent?

I know it needs to be notarized.

I was thinking of something like:

I agree, under the conditions of the waiver on the license application form, to allow my son, Nathaniel Reik, to obtain a license for the 2003 Chamionship Cup series season. I also agree to allow him to enter any event under his own discretion in the 2003 season.

And then, my parent's sig. and the notary's seal and signature.

Can I just submit this form once with the license app, or should I fax it in with my pre-entries as well?

I'll carry a copy with me at the track, just in case.

Please clarify and let me know if this will work, and whether I can just submit it once.

Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

TiffineyIngram

Hi Nate!  Unfortunately, your parent MUST be with you to sign the release until you're 18.  What you can do is have an adult with you that has a notarized statement from your parents to release parental consent to them.  This statement must be presented to CCS staff at registration at EVERY race.  That's the only way around not having your biological parent with you.  Good luck next season!

Nate R

Umm, what if I pre-Enter? Should I just send a copy of a notarized statement saying that my Parent allows me to race? Is there still a release to sign at the track even if I pre-enter?
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com

TiffineyIngram

You can go ahead and pre-enter races without any special forms.  When you get to registration, that's when you'll need the parental release.

Nate R

Are you saying that the person whom which parental consent is released to would have to sign the form too, or merely accompany me to the races? Like, if I ask another racer to do this for me, are they gonna have to stand in line with me at registration, or do they just have to be present at the track?

This is confusing, but I want to know what's going on BEFORE I get there.

Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com