News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Sponsorship Questions

Started by Chef, March 14, 2003, 09:23:48 AM

Chef

is there usually some kind of agreement signed for sponsorship?

just a reciept, or what?

im wondering if i gain some cash from my resume, how is the most professional way to handle the exchange?

i was wondering if it was a "stupid newbie" question, but since i havent been through it, ......must be !!!

thnx in advance for any input....

Ike
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

Decreasing_Dave

Hey Ike,

I'm sponsored by Cochise Motorsports (local bike shop, that was easy), Motorex Oils, Lockhart Phillips, and hopefully Sidi/Motonation.

I signed a aggreement with all but the bike shop (we're friends).  The contract is pretty standard, promote the product, don't use conflicting products, stickers, patches, sportmanship, blah, blah blah.

I watched RRW.com for their announcements and sent in a resume.  My resume was short 'cuz I only had 2 previous races, but my results were good/excellent.  They evaluate your resume:their support and offer you a support level with which they feel comfortable.  It's up to you to accept/decline.

So far, my sponsors have helped me out a lot.  I don't think that I could afford to be nearly as prepared for this year without them.  

I know guys that have been racing for years that have never done the soliciting for sponsors.  It was really easy, just got to take that step.

Good Luck,
D. Dave

motomadness

Network Racing.  I like the name and the slogan.  

I have an signed agreement with all of the people/companies I am listing on my sponsorship list, except for Dunlop, Power Mist Fuels and Spyder Leatherworks.  WIth them it's more or less a verbal agreement or history of purchases.  

What is your goal in getting sponsorships?  Product discounts or free products?  I think in both cases some sort of agreement (verbal or written) is required.  In the case of contingency sponsors, I think all you have to do is complete the claim form every weekend and submit it to tech.

So does having a name imply that you have been able to organize a team and race as much as possible this season?  I hope so.

Good luck in your racing pursuits,

GAMEDIC

I sponsor riders here at my shop... the only thing i ask is to fill out an info form and fax me a copy or their race lic. and run my stickers and list me as a sponsor. ask some of the guys here that are on my program..i give great deals..and they get better as you get better and finish higher and also by the amount you get from me... i am a racer so i like the fact that i can give something back... so by all means give me a call here and see the web site 706-236-9338 i will be glad to help you out...and as for me if you are a racer you will NOT be turned down.. granted if you are first year you may not get the same discount as a 1 2 3 place finishing expert but the price will still be less than about anywhere else you would find....sorry for the long post

Chef

Thanks D_Dave and Sean,

Resume is all but done, just making a few changes here and there for comfort's sake, and then, yes, making that first step in contacting potential sponsors.

I imagine that they will let me know if and how much they'd be willing to put in.
just wondered if I needed or wanted to be so professional as to have a "conterct" ready (if needed)

(yeah DDave, i had a SWEET deal last season with my buddy sponsoring me)
(no  real solicitation)

Sean,
Net, El, Red and Dwight wont take no for an answer.... so we're "networking"....... we're all pitching in....
the "LP" type of product discounts are basically what im looking for, * Along with some race entry, Fuel and tire fee's..... You know, ALL that i can get, oops, all that WE can get.... we're hooked !
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

ecumike

Hey Ike,
For most of the companies that do sponsorship regularily (LP, Sharkskinz, AGV, etc.. ) they have an 'agreement' they send you and you sign. However, for others that don't, I've always just written up something, (copy wording from one of the 'regulars') and sent it to them. It really has no 'enforcement', legality, but more the fact that it's on paper, so #s, agreements, etc.. are not forgotten or changed.

My .02

OmniGLH

Of our sponsors, half done more or less through a handshake.  Everything else (basically, all the motorcycle-industry companies except WMS) had actual contracts to sign.  

Our sponsors:
Woodfield Motorsports
Motul
Sharkskinz
Deka Batteries
Fieldsheer
Regina
Sprocket Specialties
Standard Plastics
Spike Trading
DLS Internet
Mastercraft
Stickerdude Designs

DanO and I were busy this winter... (well, mostly DanO, he's done a lot of the legwork... thanks again buddy ;D)
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

Chef

BIG UP'S Fella's,

consider me "on my horse" !!!

it'd be sweet to make every weekend !!!

Ike