News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Attn: Duc racers...could it be???

Started by skiandclimb, September 16, 2009, 11:16:44 AM

roadracer162

Well, I did check and he did a 1:21.9 following Mendez. Of course Mendez really upped his game and was running ultrafast on his lightweight bike. Chris also does 1:19's on his 1098 so that RS is pretty dang fast. Don't think I could ever run that quickly on the R model spec.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Ducmarc

ya there's more to that bike and he was playing with mendez he tells me he's down on power from last year but still probaby has 125hp soo i need 5 or 8 hp and you need to go to the gym LOL i may build a set of rs cammed heads over the winter if money allows .and i've started work on the b bike going to be milder motor but something that we can abuse and maybe i'll ride a little too.  cheer up   

roadracer162

Chris kinds let the cat out of the bag when he implied his RS made 135, so a little down on poer may mean 130. It is very fast when he came by me.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

F2RGK

Quote from: Ducmarc on October 12, 2009, 09:45:05 PM
ya there's more to that bike and he was playing with mendez he tells me he's down on power from last year but still probaby has 125hp soo i need 5 or 8 hp and you need to go to the gym LOL i may build a set of rs cammed heads over the winter if money allows .and i've started work on the b bike going to be milder motor but something that we can abuse and maybe i'll ride a little too.  cheer up   

Well, that explains a few things down the straight away.  And they won't allow Honda F3's in Thunderbike...hmmn.  Let's see, an updated 600 should be let in then.  Someone didn't think about that before letting them in now did they.  Not too mention, you shouldn't have to have a $30K bike to run in Thunderbike.  Just my 2 cents!
If you're not Smilin' while you're ridin', then QUIT!

Ducmarc

ya mark he's got 40+ hp on you and better drive and better aerodynamics s it's a wonder your paint didn't peel off . and 30k was a stock bike those gas charged olins are 20k and he's spent atleast 20k in the motor then the motec and the carbon and the wheels and the new throttlebodys i bet he's got 90k in it plus he's a good smooth rider. so to stay in touch with him is an accomplishment and a chance to beat him even better you got to admit it's fun to make him nervious on the old junk pile of ours just hope he dosn't go to a 748rs or 749r

roadracer162

You can build one of those can't ya?
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

Ducmarc

sure let me crank up the o'l ebay radar

PlayHard

If you'd like to race against one, two, maybe three other people, then allow the 748 in.  Lets be realistic people.  Love it or hate it, SV650's makes up 95% of the lightweight grids.  Why, because they are a cheap means to race and still be relatively competitive.  Raise the bar, by allowing bigger more powerful and more expensive bikes in LW, and the grids will shrink even more then they did this past year with the bad economy.  I, for one, would not continue to spend $400 in entry fees every race weekend knowing my SV was no longer competitive.  That is the reality of this decision.  It is easy to say, "stop whining and buy a more competitive bike" when you have the money to buy one.  But the fact of the matter is, most are riding SV's because that is all they can afford, including myself.  So if you and your buddy can afford a 748, have fun racing each other and forget about any contingency money.....then again, I guess if you can afford a Ducati you probably don't need contingency money. 
CCS / WERA EX #95

Ducmarc

why don't everyone with an sv complain to Kevin about it there's only about 10 guys wanting a change and there's hundreds of sv's. i was told that if anyone didn't want a change to let him know. that was a second hand quote but made sense. and with buell gone is there any contingency left in lightwight?

skiandclimb

Why is it that SV riders are so against the 748? There was no complaining when the SV was put into ULW.  So....it's ok for THAT move, but not for the Ducs?  I am confused.  Not flaming- just confused.

The reality is that each and every year, bikes get lighter, faster and more nimble. After a while, pretty much all bikes begin to fall of the performance charts. As that happens, club racing makes moves to keep the grids competetive. The SV's felt out of sorts against big Buells, and whalah- they went into ULW. Now, there's talk of some older Ducs being allowe to run against a grid with more parody, and they should be granted the same adjustment.

Let's be honest...in 15 yearsm you'll probably see 1098's running in lower classes. lol

I know my karma will likely be smitten with anger, but them's the brakes I suppose.

#730 CCS MW/GP
Pursuit Racing, The Backstopper's Org.
www.cyclehouseperformance.com - St. Louis, MO.
King Edward's Chicken and Fish- St. Louis, MO.
www.mcraracing.com

PlayHard

I am an SV rider and will very much support the SV cause but I am not at all angry about the possibility of adding the Ducati.  My point is simple, lightweight grids are mostly made up of SV's, why, because they are CHEAP.  So from a business standpoint, why would you want to continue to push the SV to the low end of the competitive scale within the lightweight class.  Kinda shooting yourself in the foot, isn't it????  It's been stated on here already, there is only about 10 people who are pushing for it and there is hundreds of SV riders.  I raced every CCS Southeast Race this season and was always discouraged when looking at the grids and seeing an increased number of Buell XB12's along with the occasional Ducati 1000's.  Now add the 748 to the mix and the SV slides back another notch.  So the question really should be, what is better for the "CLASS" and or business?  Is the eventual squeezing out of the SV the best for the class and or business?  Maybe it is, but I'm betting the grids will be pitiful without them.  I, for one, would not continue to spend hundreds of dollars per weekend to race an SV in the Lightweight Class.  My decision would be simple, try another racing organization or go back to spending $105 for trackdays at Jennings GP.  There would however, be no anger from me about the decision to allow or not to allow the 748.  I would simply move on to something else.   

As for contingency money in lightweight without Buell, oh yes, there is plenty.  Michelin Tires pretty much funded my whole season this year.  EBC brakes have been awesome along with Powerstands and Silkolene Lubricants.  The CCS staff did a fantastic job securing a nice group of contingency sponsors.   

We all have opinions!

Al Smith
CCS AM #95
CCS / WERA EX #95

Cowboy 6

Quote from: skiandclimb on October 21, 2009, 10:49:01 AM
Why is it that SV riders are so against the 748? There was no complaining when the SV was put into ULW.  So....it's ok for THAT move, but not for the Ducs?  I am confused.  Not flaming- just confused.

Actually there was complaining about that. It came from guys with ultra-light bikes. Why would the SV crowd complain? They were being put in a class that got them away from the ever growing number of 1000cc+ bikes that should not have been in LW to begin with.

The reality is that each and every year, bikes get lighter, faster and more nimble. After a while, pretty much all bikes begin to fall of the performance charts. As that happens, club racing makes moves to keep the grids competetive. The SV's felt out of sorts against big Buells, and whalah- they went into ULW. Now, there's talk of some older Ducs being allowe to run against a grid with more parody, and they should be granted the same adjustment.

What do guys with older uncompetitive 600s do? They buy new bikes. The 748 is a middleweight bike, period. If the 748 is not competitive anymore, you buy a new bike. You do not push it down to lightweight then tell the LW crowd to buy new bikes. It is that simple. The SV has been and always will be a lightweight bike, not ultralight. If the classing in LW gets fixed, there is no reason for the SV in ULW in the first place.

LW is an entry level class. If you want people to "enter" the sport, they need somewhere to start that doesn't involve remortgaging the house.( that will come later when their hooked.) The LW class offers an inexpensive way to get into racing by giving the rider the ability to by a competitive bike at an affordable price and go racing. If the baseline for LW is increased, participation will decrease.

For all you lightweight guys and gals out there, I have sent in a lengthy letter and recommendation list to Kevin already.
I guess we shall see what pans out....
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com