92 db @ Laguna

Started by L8brake731, February 05, 2005, 08:04:46 AM

L8brake731

Trying to get 92db out of the SV650!!
Have a few choices; Hindle Ti (NOT) tips at 132db, Yosh RS3, not too bad 100db, Super Trapp with 11 plates 100db.... ???
I don't have a stock muff anywhere and those three are what I have to work with.
Anyone have ideas, short of a potato?
S. Fukiage
CCS/ASRA  #731

tzracer

You are probably going to have to use the stock system. 102db is twice as loud as 92db, so 100db is quite a bit louder than 92db.

I have a stock 2003 sv exhaust.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

Super Dave

Everyone that I know that does track days at Laguna uses a stock exhaust.  Really the only way to do it.
Super Dave

Zac

Don't feel too bad Steve, there's no possible way I could make the TZ pass.  Or Elaine's MZ (I don't think it would run with the stock exhaust).  

Supposedly they make 82 dB enduro silencers for the CR...

-z.

Woofentino Pugrossi

Ya can thank the dufusses in the high dollar homes on the edge of the track property.

Hmmm, lets build a house NEXT TO A RACETRACK thats been there how many years? Then lets bitch about the noise and get them regulated to stock exhaust, but yet I dont think my Road King with straight pipes is a problem. ::) ::)

Ya know theres a few of the whiners who do have a HD with open pipes in that subdivision. ::)
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

L8brake731

Thanks for the suggestions. :D
I found a stock can at my local Suz dealer for FREE! A take off from some poor guy going down.

Like you guys mentioned, it was the only way to go, didn't have to be concerned at all ;D.

I think about three or four got booted due to the noise limitaions.

What a track!

Thanks for the help ;D
S. Fukiage
CCS/ASRA  #731

cardzilla

Rob is right, what a crock.  I agree that a few of the pencil necked geeks that live around the track probably have Hardleys, but I doubt any of them actually ride them... just for when they have the art gallery crowd over to seem different.  I can't imagine how the track let them get away with passing that law.
Larry Dodson
CCS # 22
2004 Yamaha R1 Superbike