GSXR Pair valve

Started by ibidu1, April 16, 2005, 12:06:59 PM

ibidu1

I have mine removed and bypassed is this CCS legal? A friend told me he was fined once for it. Just making sure if I need to buy a new one.

Also what about the secondary throttle body flaps if I remove them is ok with the rules.

Eric Kelcher

Depends on both instances.

If you route the pair valve so it is hooked to the crankcase vent not legal in any class.

5.2.15 On 4 stroke machines, crankcase ventilation must be routed into a heat resistant
catch can of at least 350cc capacity or the air box.
A. If ventilation is routed into the air box, any drains from the air box must be sealed.
B. If ventilation is routed to a catch can, the overflow tube from the catch can must
be routed into the intake area of the carburetors so that any overflow from the
catch can will be drawn into the engine.
C. Radiator overflow and battery vent tubes may be routed into a separate catch can
that need not be vented into the intake are

If you remove the secondary butterflies then you are no longer SS legal.

(6.) Carburetor bodies and/or throttle bodies may not be modified, bored, or
polished.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Eric Kelcher

I was wrong on the removal of the secondary butterflies.  Just spoke with KE on this to verify and he told me there is a way to remove them and remain legal.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

ibidu1

I have my pair valve connected to itself on the valve cover. Its just a tube from one end to the other.

Thanks I will be removing the second flaps.

gsxrsrad1000

I remvoed the flaps and the motor, hope that was ok, if not looks like I'll be putting it back on