Different classes in the same race

Started by apriliaman, September 24, 2012, 09:30:09 AM

apriliaman

Alot of times this year the lightweight classes have been in the same races as 600's.Lw start in the 2nd wave.It is not good when we catch the back of the Am 600 by turn 4 and effects our race sometimes.For next year you need to start expert in both classes at the same time them Am in the 2nd wave and that will be good.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

leeroy996

Quote from: apriliaman on September 24, 2012, 09:30:09 AM
Alot of times this year the lightweight classes have been in the same races as 600's.Lw start in the 2nd wave.It is not good when we catch the back of the Am 600 by turn 4 and effects our race sometimes.For next year you need to start expert in both classes at the same time them Am in the 2nd wave and that will be good.

Henry was quick to change the Florida races because of that.  The lightweight riders were going through the entire middleweight field.  It's usually when lightweight is combined with F40 or Supertwins.
Henry put Expert Lightweight F40 in the first wave and allowed Amateur lightweight F40 to grid directly behind Middleweight.  Supertwins is run with Unlimited.

twilkinson3

After this last weekend at BFR with ultralight combined with Heavyweight I concur....expert LW behind AM heavywieght was a whole lot of not fun - did affect the racing

Cowboy 6

It goes beyond "not" fun. It's dangerous. This weekend we had MWF40 AM gridded up in front of ULWSBK EX. Like Apriliaman said, we were in them by turn 4. By turn15, I was in the lead pack of three ULWSBK when our first two passed a MW bike in a borderline maneuver. I could not get by. Not only did I almost run into the MW bike in 15 as he cut me off from my pass, but I did then actually touch his rear wheel (after a panic brake on my part) as I entered 16 still stuck behind him when he did not maintain his speed (as is normal) but instead hit the brakes from his already turtle-like pace! By the time I got by him, the other two were a good 3 seconds ahead. This is all on lap 1 mind you.

I did some analysis of the lap times for that race. Here they are:
                           Fastest Lap              Average Lap
AM F40
Winner                1.38.552                  1.40.194
Slowest               2.01.990                  2.02.842
EX ULWSBK
Winner                1.35.657                  1.37.315
Slowest              1.43.748                  1.44.742

As you can see, the lap time disparity is ridiculous.  The slowest Ultralight is 18 seconds faster than the slowest 600. At the same time, the fastest Ultralight is 3 seconds faster than the fastest 600!   This data clearly shows that the race order should be reversed at the very least. Starting the ULWSBK behind AMs on 600s is a bad move.
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

leeroy996

Here's a two wave behind Middleweight at Jennings.  It comes down to who can make the move past the big bikes first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kmTPqobW80

HerbigCBR

Quote from: twilkinson3 on September 24, 2012, 12:48:49 PM
After this last weekend at BFR with ultralight combined with Heavyweight I concur....expert LW behind AM heavywieght was a whole lot of not fun - did affect the racing

Not to mention they started us in a single wave!
Jared Herbig - CCS #323
Thanks to: Spears Racing - TSE

twilkinson3

Quote from: HerbigCBR on September 27, 2012, 10:16:15 AM
Not to mention they started us in a single wave!
Your just saying that because we were on top of them in turn 1....

roadracer162

Lee seems like a lot of fun to me. Yes I agree putting a fast lightweight rider behind a slow middleweight rider can be hairy. My reasoning? A faster lightweight catching the slower middleweight usually happens in a corner. Where the middleweight catches the lightweight is typically on the straight.

placing the Am middleweight bikes behind the Ex lightweight bikes you may see the fast middleweight catch the slower lightweight expert, but passing can be performed on the straight. When the fast lightweight expert catches the slower middleweight Am it is typically going into or through the middle of a corner. For the lightweight expert to make the pass in can be very close pass within the pass. Yes the expert should be more experienced at passing than the Am but a pass on the straight is still easier than within the corner.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

leeroy996

Quote from: majicMARKer on September 27, 2012, 09:19:07 PM
Lee seems like a lot of fun to me.

Actually it is...Unfortunately we didn't have any big bikes to slow you down at Roebling.

roadracer162

Quote from: leeroy996 on September 28, 2012, 12:01:08 PM

Actually it is...Unfortunately we didn't have any big bikes to slow you down at Roebling.

It felt like a Sunday ride. I usually don't lead those either
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

TAlber8

Quote from: apriliaman on September 24, 2012, 09:30:09 AM

I agree

Woofentino Pugrossi

Well if we can get back to two day racing like it used to be, it wouldnt be too bad.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod