News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

How long can I wait ?

Started by unforgivenracing, January 21, 2006, 03:14:31 PM

unforgivenracing

I have not reinstated my C.C.S. race license in a few years, and would like to know if I have too retake any schooling and start all over again from scratch before I am allowed to do so?

How long before this would affect my eligabillity in the expert class of Supertwins 4-example?

I read about a 5yr cut-off/deadline for thunderbike, would those guidelines apply to me and what are the limits for this class in referance to displacement of bike, if this is the only door I have open to me too maintain my status, and run this summer?
CCS Midwest EX 501(RETIRED) E-mails welcome @: unforgivenracing@hotmail.com or, IM and e-mail me @: unforgiven_racing@yahoo.com also,
Check out pic's @: http://www.facebook.com/wolff.shawn

Burt Munro

From the rulebook.....

2.2 CCS LICENSE REQUIREMENT - New applicants must provide proof of current racing
experience, or a certificate indicating completion of an approved Riders School or
Licensing Clinic.
2.2.1 Licenses from the following organizations are acceptable as proof of
experience: AMA Professional, AFM, AHRMA, ASM, ASMA, CMA, CRA,
CMRA, FIM, Formula USA, USGPRU, HRRC, LRRS, MRA, OMRRA,
RACE, SMRA, WERA, WMRRA, & WSMC.
A. Expert ranked riders who show a significant lapse in participation (over 3 years)
will be required to re-qualify for Expert status by normal licensing procedures.
B. Riders who show a significant lapse in participation (over 5 years) will be
required to re-qualify by normal licensing procedures.
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Burt Munro

Thunderbike............

6.5.3- CCS Thunderbike Class displacement limits are absolute and are set as follows:
THUNDERBIKE (Amateur and Expert)
Single cylinder, Unlimited displacement
Two stroke, Unlimited displacement
Twin cylinder, air cooled, Unlimited displacement
Twin cylinder, liquid cooled, 3 or less valves per cylinder, Unlimited displacement
Twin cylinder, liquid cooled, 4 valve per cylinder, up to 750cc
Three cylinder, air cooled, non-fuel injected, up to 1200cc
Four cylinder, air-cooled, up to 1200cc
Four cylinder, liquid cooled, 1990 to 1992 model year, up to 650cc
Four cylinder, liquid cooled (oil or water), pre-1990 model year, up to 860cc
All air-cooled, 2-valve, unlimited displacement
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

TommyG

BUT there is always common sense exceptions. I would recommend calling Kevin! Could save alot of hassle! Just my 2 cents

unforgivenracing

Hey, Thanks.

Common sence would demand that I recertify do to the lapse of time just as a refresher course, I am just not compleatly clear on the expert status end of it.  Do I still have to start over with yellow plates and run them untill either 500 points, or a top ten win review accures, then change back to white or can I continue as a expert after retaking a rider school?

A good example:  My latest license expired in 03'.

in short, what do I need to do????????
Help me!
Signed:  fuzzy ???
CCS Midwest EX 501(RETIRED) E-mails welcome @: unforgivenracing@hotmail.com or, IM and e-mail me @: unforgiven_racing@yahoo.com also,
Check out pic's @: http://www.facebook.com/wolff.shawn

Super Dave

Call Eric, the competition director, at CCS.

Get the real answer.
Super Dave