News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Continental contengency Q's

Started by skiandclimb, May 13, 2010, 01:49:25 PM

roadracer162

Well I did do a comparison for my own racing program. Injected my race finishes for 2009 and projected a budget from there. The Bridgestone won out over the Michelin.

No I don't expect that the top level expert will run the Conti right away, but I do think if the Contis are what they have reportedly been then it could make the way up the ranks. Ranking as I see it is Dunlop, Pirelli, Michelin, and Bridgestone currently with Conti being the beginner at least here in the US. I know currently Tim Vosnick(an AMA rider) is running them and reports good results, good performance and a tire that will last. He did attain a respectable lap time at Jennings on his new to him Triumph 675.

As far as the future goes they could be like any of the brands that started with not so good tires and are now competitive for the front. Will future fast riders begin using them? Well my guess is if they are as fast as the next tire and cheaper, why not.

I must respect each rider's choice to what tire he/she chooses. I wanted to hear from the guys that have tried them. There are many riders out there racing on take-offs, maybe the Conti could cater to those folks.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

RCR_531

For you Midwest and GP guys shoot me an email at biggs_239@yahoo.com and I will get this taken care of for you. Thanks for all of the support at the track and looking forward to working with you guys at the next event.  Yes I will be at the Gateway round.

We may not have many EX front runners on them yet but we do have a lot of fast AM racers as we can see in the results.  We had many top fives and acouple wins at BHF this pass Weekend.  I am trying to offer a great tire at an awesome price that we all can benafit from,not just the front runnners. Way to go guys. Thanks again for all that have supported me at the Midwest and GP events Rodney
Rodney LeQuia

Biggs Motorsports  RCR Kawasaki  SBS Vortex  Conti
Lithum Motorsports

Eric Kelcher

Fill this form out and send it to me and I can research what stage awards are at or what requirements were not met.

http://ccsracing.us/forms/2009/contingency/contingency%20status%20form.pdf
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

skiandclimb

Rodney,

You've got mail, my friend!

-Ski
#730 CCS MW/GP
Pursuit Racing, The Backstopper's Org.
www.cyclehouseperformance.com - St. Louis, MO.
King Edward's Chicken and Fish- St. Louis, MO.
www.mcraracing.com

RCR_531

Thanks for the Emails guys and you all sould have a reply with your credit amounts. Thanks Rodney
Rodney LeQuia

Biggs Motorsports  RCR Kawasaki  SBS Vortex  Conti
Lithum Motorsports