FI warning light 02 gsxr 600

Started by grim_racer, January 12, 2004, 01:09:39 PM

grim_racer

can some one tell me why my display flashes FI and the red light stays on all the time now? I just changed my oil and case cover yesterday. HELP!

Thingy

I am not sure why the red light is on (I assume that you are referring to when the bike is running), but you can figure out why the FI code is on.  All of the sensors on the bike report back to the computer.  If one of the sensors reports an unusual reading, or doesn't send back a signal for 2 seconds, the FI light goes on.  

In the tail section of the bike, you should find a white plastic connection on the end of some wires that is not connected to anything.  Only two of the four 'holes' in the connector have plugs.  Use a jumper wire between the two with the key in the on position when the FI light is on and it will give you a code on the dash.  (It will read a C with a two digit number after it.  C28 for example.)  That should give you an idea what the problem is.  I can look up the code in my service manual for you.  Or, you can find the codes online.  (The codes are the same for all Suzuki FI bikes)

Get that info first and you can go from there.

-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!

Jkf95

My 03 zx6r did this when I removed the front sprocket cover.  The cover contained the speed sensor, which when not in place, caused the FI warning light to come on.

Thingy

You can run a GSX-R without the hall effect switch (speedometer) hooked up.
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Thingy

-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Super Dave

Red light?  Are we talking about the oil pressure light?

Seems like some covers, like NCR's, have you remove a lead to something oil related...might be related to a code that's giving you the flash...

More info please?
Super Dave

tzracer

If it is like the SV650, there is a red FI light on the dash. The light comes on and there may be a display on the LCD screen. On the SV a FI appears on the LCD in addition to thhe red light.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

jp233

yeah, carry a paperclip when riding and if the FI lgiht comes on, if you have the connector pulled out so you can get to it, get the code while the bike is still running. if you shut off the bike the code will be lost unless it trips the ECu again to display the error.

there is a list of all the Y2K+ GSXR error codes over in the Y2k forum at gixxer.com.....
Tactical Racing #233

grim_racer

Sorry I haven't replied yet. thanks  everyone for your help. I found the problem. It was a loose connector.  :-[ I have been in my own little world trying to get ready for this whole racing thing that is completely new to me. It's kinda hard when you need to see how things are done and there isn't anyone there to help. I am still trying to figure out if I am ready to pass tech yet. the saftey wire thing is getting there but I still have no clue bout the catch can,  overflow, vent into the air box, what goes where stuff. If i had more hair I would pull it out. >:(