Do 1st Gen SV650 racers know...........

Started by britx303, June 02, 2018, 02:58:23 PM

britx303

.......that you can race Vintage Classic?  :jammin: 

LWT Racer

They already have 6-7 classes to race their bike in.

That class is pointless so far, surprised Kevin hasn't dropped it.
Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer
Lighweight Racing - The struggle is real.

britx303

Sure looked like ray hoffman had fun in the class with us yesterday on a borrowed 1st gen SV.................granted he messed up where he was supposed to be gridded and was in the wrong race..........but still...... :biggrin:

spoot

britx, you were there?? And you didn't come say HI??
Did you see my nice little VTR get mangled when Paul Blake...um....
race 9. 3 bikes down. red flag'ed. T5.

skip to 8:14, then wait for a slow-mo as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu5PiVpxESU

CCS MW Am #518
WiRiders.com

britx303

Quote from: spoot on September 24, 2018, 07:59:59 PM
britx, you were there?? And you didn't come say HI??
Did you see my nice little VTR get mangled when Paul Blake...um....
race 9. 3 bikes down. red flag'ed. T5.

skip to 8:14, then wait for a slow-mo as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu5PiVpxESU
No,I was at NJMP. Shame about the chickenhawk. Is it on the mend or are you writing it off as a DOA.

spoot

It will be slowly mended over the winter. Prob go back to street trim or find a buyer that has a 250 spec class in their region.

Busted fork leg, prob bent tubes as a result. Brake pedal & lever gone. Right rear set & peg broke, poss bent the frame where it mounts.
subframe (which isn't a subframe) looks tweaked.
CCS MW Am #518
WiRiders.com

britx303

Quote from: spoot on October 04, 2018, 09:53:54 PM
It will be slowly mended over the winter. Prob go back to street trim or find a buyer that has a 250 spec class in their region.

Busted fork leg, prob bent tubes as a result. Brake pedal & lever gone. Right rear set & peg broke, poss bent the frame where it mounts.
subframe (which isn't a subframe) looks tweaked.
Down south in the WERA region would be your best chance of a 250 class buyer,would be my guess. They still have a 250 specific class.......not sure about any other orgs. I did recently stumble upon a '90 chickenhawk.....er,the good one..........but no place to really run it besides Vintage LW and whatever 300 class.I'd need to drop about 50 LBS and 25 years to do anything there :biggrin: