News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

RBoM SV/FZ07 SBK Showdown Sept.17th

Started by Russell Masecar, July 27, 2016, 10:29:36 AM

Russell Masecar

There is a good chance that this race will take place on Saturday Sept. 17th at VIR and here is the current plan:

The entry fee will be $200, which will include an entry into the GT Lights race.  Each RBoM competitor's fastest laptime during the GTL race will be used to set the grid for the RBoM Challenge.

The RBoM Challenge will be the last race of the day on Saturday and will be a 9 lap feature event.

The purse is expected to be over $6000 and will payback to 20th place.

The format will be similar to last year's RBoM SV Challenge (i.e. SV650's in SBK trim) but this year the Yamaha FZ07 will be allowed in (also in SBK trim).

All current expert level racers, from any recognized racing organization, are invited to participate.  CCS will waive the license fee for RBoM participants for this weekend only.   RBoM participants can enter other races (that their bike is legal for) to get more track time.  Rental transponders will be supplied as needed.

There are still some ongoing discussions with CCS at the moment, and more details will be posted as they arise.

clarustnb

Question which will eventually come up - the $200 includes entrance to the GTL race - does it also count as the 'first race' entry for CCS price wise? 

i.e. If I enter the GTL/RBOM and also say, LWGP - would that be at the $80 rate or the $60 rate?
Benjamin Loyle
SV650 # 909
http://loyle.lwtracer.com/

Backmarker760

Russel and CCS Staff,

Glad to see this coming together....

:cheers:

Russell Masecar

Ben, since the $200 is a feature event which includes the Qualifying during the GTL race, any races you enter, other than the RBoM Challenge, the CCS fee structure would start as normal, $80 for your first race, then $60 for any others.

I know this site doesn't get much traffic, and the news is on FB, but all questions are welcome either place.

Russell Masecar

LWT Racer

Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer
Lighweight Racing - The struggle is real.

Super Dave

Love this program.  Wish I had a lightweight bike, and a little more time on a lightweight bike.  :)

:cheers:
Super Dave

MACOP1104

Ramsfan80

If anyone needs a bike I have an sv for sale at the moment.

Gino230

Kudos for putting this together. Have you thought about opening it up to Ultra-LW CCS Rules? I.e. allowing air cooled Ducati up to 800cc or FZR 400?

CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

Russell Masecar

Lots of options were considered. I expect a decent turnout. Hopefully you'll be there to enjoy the show.

LWT Racer

Quote from: Gino230 on August 29, 2016, 05:59:50 PM
Kudos for putting this together. Have you thought about opening it up to Ultra-LW CCS Rules? I.e. allowing air cooled Ducati up to 800cc or FZR 400?
ULSBK is my favorite class and most of the time the Duc 800 is very even fight against the SVs. Russell loves his SVs so his idea is to keep it similar to last year by keeping it mostly SVs.

Another issue with allowing the Ducs is to most of the SV/ER/FZ racers, the motors all look the same, so we have no clue if it's a 800, 1000, 1100.... so yes cheating is an issue.

Find a SV/ to borrow and show up, maybe you'll see the light and sell off your Ducati junk and get a real lightweight bike. ;)
Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer
Lighweight Racing - The struggle is real.

Gino230

I blew up my 848 at Road America this summer, and I rode a STOCK monster 796. I couldn't believe how fun the bike was. It was a perfect match for the SS prepped SV's in Sound of Thunder 3, and it was cheap and fun, which is what a LW bike should be.

Sure the springs were a little bouncy, but for a few hundred bucks with Thermosman I'm sure that could be fixed. Plus those things will run forever with a stock motor.

I get what you are saying about cheating, but you would know on the first straight it was not an 800.

I am still focusing on the larger classes, but the monster has started a mini revolution down here, several guys are getting them so the LW classes are starting to look better. I won't make this race, so it's a moot point. I'm happy to see any kind of promotion for our sport, so I think what you guys are doing is a great thing. Maybe next year, if the 800 is allowed ;)
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!