News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Yamaha R3 Recall

Started by Capitalview, June 28, 2016, 09:15:23 AM

Capitalview

Curious what CCS stance is on racing the R3 and racing it currently.  I understand it is not been publicly announced but Yamaha has issued an intent to recall to dealers for 2015/16 Yamaha R3s (pic of letter below). 

Not sure how much I want to risk an engine seizure on the back straight of Road America.  As I understand it, the risk is may be pretty low.  Since I am only doing this for fun, and I have a wife and kid, I am not sure if I want to take that risk.

Zaph

I'm sure you'll be fine.  You would have heard of engine issues long ago if it were a frequent problem.

Just be glad you didn't get a RC390, their engines are blowing left and right.

bruce71198

Quote from: Zaph on June 29, 2016, 06:37:36 PM
I'm sure you'll be fine.  You would have heard of engine issues long ago if it were a frequent problem.

Just be glad you didn't get a RC390, their engines are blowing left and right.

Not sure if your refering to the frequent head gasket change interval or not but I haven't heard of any "blowing up".

Capitalview

Quote from: bruce71198 on June 30, 2016, 02:31:08 PM
Not sure if your refering to the frequent head gasket change interval or not but I haven't heard of any "blowing up".

I am guessing he is referring to the frequent head gaskets blowing.  I know Anthony Lamberts did a couple weeks ago at Gingerman.