Team Challenge Question

Started by britx303, February 21, 2016, 07:54:04 AM

britx303

Is 1 rider only allowed in Team Challenge? I dont see anything saying you cant do that in the rulebook.But im figuring you still need someone with an extinguisher when refueling? Also,is this open to amateur class racers?

dmk21rr

as far as I know you can run a single rider in the team challenge and it is open to am. riders

LWT Racer

you can run races solo but you do need a pitcrew.
It is open to novices.
Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer
Lighweight Racing - The struggle is real.

clarustnb

You wouldn't be the first person to do it either.  There always seems to be an iron butt or two that goes for it.

Pit crew is going to be a minimum of 1 other person to hold the fire bottle while you fuel up and put the rear stand on the bike for you, but the more the merrier.  Though if you offer most people a beer the night before, it is easy to find a pit crew from whomever is just in the paddock.

Didn't CCS used to have a SOLO challenge race that ran with the TC and would get it's own podium for teams of 1?  Or was that WERA?  That would be fun to bring back for the 3 hr races.
Benjamin Loyle
SV650 # 909
http://loyle.lwtracer.com/

britx303

Quote from: clarustnb on February 22, 2016, 09:19:57 AM
You wouldn't be the first person to do it either.  There always seems to be an iron butt or two that goes for it.

Pit crew is going to be a minimum of 1 other person to hold the fire bottle while you fuel up and put the rear stand on the bike for you, but the more the merrier.  Though if you offer most people a beer the night before, it is easy to find a pit crew from whomever is just in the paddock.

Didn't CCS used to have a SOLO challenge race that ran with the TC and would get it's own podium for teams of 1?  Or was that WERA?  That would be fun to bring back for the 3 hr races.
That would be awesome!! I could definately get an extinguisher holder for refuels.

Doxgon22

I took 3rd in Solo Challenge at Daytona years ago.  Just get in a rhythm, keep grinding out the laps.  You definitely need a pit crew.  Trying to get off the bike, put it on a stand, and then fuel it while you should be getting a drink is nearly impossible.  And if you need a tire change like I did, you would be screwed.  My crew actually dragged me bodily off the bike to be able to start the pit stop faster.  Then another flipped me back up on the bike at the end.  Funny, but it worked