Ultralight Thunderbike Displacement?

Started by britx303, September 02, 2015, 04:32:31 PM

britx303

It sure seems like its time to let the R3 in......... :biggrin:

SuperLex Dad

Quote from: trace33chargers on September 09, 2015, 01:48:26 PM
At CCS last time, Bruce was on the Metrakit. I'm not a great rider, and I was riding just a tad bit slower than Bruce on that bike (and Bruce is fast) while I was on a Ninja250. So I would not call that a GP bike. The KTM 300 was a clerical error (there were many that weekend). That was a Ninja300.

That's because technically the Metrakit not a GP bike but a Pre GP 125. Honda RS 125, Honda NSF 250 and MD 250 can run circles around it.

SuperLex Dad

This past weekend at RRR every bike on the grid in the 300 GT got DQ'ed  :banghead:

Three R3s and one Metrakit. There would of been one more R3 but he was told he couldn't run in 300 GT during registration.

vance

Quote from: SuperLex Dad on August 30, 2017, 01:02:18 AM
This past weekend at RRR every bike on the grid in the 300 GT got DQ'ed  :banghead:

Three R3s and one Metrakit. There would of been one more R3 but he was told he couldn't run in 300 GT during registration.
I was wondering when that would happen.  We're ok with it here in FL plus it's nice to have more bikes on the grid, but all anyone has to do is point to the bike and say no.  Not a very hard protest.  Wait until next year when the 300 is replaced by the 400.
IMO, a lesson should be taken from the other FL org regarding these ultralight classes, and before I post it and get flamed, I get the whole "everybody gets a trophy"....
Grid them all together, but in separately scored classes
320/390/metrakit
125GP
Whatever....  I've chatted enough with the guys running the FMRRA rounds, nobody cares if you're blatantly cheating, like slicks and pod filters on SS bikes, or in this case an R3 in 300GT, just run the next class up.  We're all out there together and it forms a huge grid but nobody gets butt hurt over someone else's faster bike.  It's a scalp if you can beat them, no harm if you don't.
I'll bet SuperLex is grinning from ear to ear when she passes an SV or whatever LWT bike thats gridded in the race in front of us.  It shouldn't even matter, they're not even in her race, but it does.

Edit: I do like Bruce's idea, but instead of trying to conform every bike to one race, just combine multiple classes into the same grid.  Easier, IMO