RV Camping during the races

Started by bill999s, December 16, 2014, 07:29:43 PM

bill999s

I have a pretty good sized coach and trailer that my wife and I are bringing down to Bike Week and the races. We're going to stay somewhere around Daytona for the first week, week and a half. After that I thought we'd just take everything right to the track since I'll be racing with you all. We want full service (water, sewer, electric,etc). My question to you all is have any of you done this before? Any idea on cost for the 4 or 5 days? I'll be calling them tomorrow or the next day but was hoping to get some insight. Thanks

MELK-MAN

pretty sure there is an rv area with a good number of full hookups. not cheap though, but you are right there, a short walk to the paddock.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

Eric Kelcher

If you are racing wait until after first of year, we are working on details for racer camping.
FYI no sewer hookups but there is pump out service.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

bill999s

Gino230

I have done it for at least the last 5 years.

As Eric says, you'll need to wait until the pre-entry comes out. In the package is a form for reservations of the Rider / Owner lot. That is the one you want. I believe it was $285, that includes Wednesday move in and you can stay until Monday about noon. There is water and electric, sewer is by pump out. In past years I could never locate the pump out guy and he didn't answer his phone once the weekend started....this year they were cruising the lot a couple of times a day which was nice.

It really is a good location, just a few steps from the paddock.

Don't get ahead of yourself and call the speedway, they will try and set you up in the lake lloyd lot which is quite a bit farther out, all paved, and mostly fans. You have to be entered in the event to get in the R/O lot.

See ya there!
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

bill999s

Thanks Gino. I'm around 74ft long. Do you or Eric know if this will be a problem?

Gino230

Wow that's pretty big! Most of the sites are pull through so they should be able to accommodate you.
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

Eric Kelcher

Quote from: bill999s on December 21, 2014, 07:24:06 PM
Thanks Gino. I'm around 74ft long. Do you or Eric know if this will be a problem?

😮
That is going to be difficult; you will not be able to keep truck/trailer hooked up. Which means either parking truck or trailer in the remote lot or using the adjacent "car" spot for it.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

SV88

What about true (tent camping)  @ Daytona?  I camped @ Texas world last time we raced there.  Apart from the vultures, occasional rattlesnake and scorpions, it was all good.
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881

smoke54

camp in the infield between nascar turn 3 + 4.  used to be 50 bucks for bike week.
tim

bill999s

jfboothe

Quote from: SV88 on December 22, 2014, 12:38:25 AM
What about true (tent camping)  @ Daytona?  I camped @ Texas world last time we raced there.  Apart from the vultures, occasional rattlesnake and scorpions, it was all good.

Wildlife or fellow racers?  :biggrin: