News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

ULTB rules for 2015

Started by Zaph, October 19, 2014, 01:35:42 PM

Capitalview

Quote from: bruce71198 on August 27, 2014, 02:51:14 PM
Oh...CCS doesnt show a bike for them, just the results. According to the rule book that is a light weight bike. Perhaps all the other bikes are NOT light weight material any more  and and should be reclassified as something else, hmmm, Ultra light weight? Evolution....

To quote yourself Bruce, evolution...

Or to put another way, it is ok as long as it isn't your class.

bruce71198

I see what you did there.....

bruce71198

Quote from: Capitalview on October 21, 2014, 08:28:56 PM
To quote yourself Bruce, evolution...

Or to put another way, it is ok as long as it isn't your class.

bruce71198

Sorry, f'd that quote up. Big thumbs on an IPhone.
In my own defense when I bored and stroked my 250 to 335cc and 42hp it so badly spanked the rest of the group that I raced it in the LW class. And this also demonstrates the advantage of an extra 14 hp. AND you took my quote from a bike that fit into the rules of the LW class. These new bikes don't fit the rules of the current class.

apriliaman

I would like to see more bikes in the 500SS class next year.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

Gino230

Hey Mark, congrats on putting that FZR on top! Now bust out the rattle cans, that thing could use it! :)
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

Capitalview

While the quote is partially taken out of context, it still stands that your opinion of evolution of the class is how things go.  You were pointing out that the SV riders shouldn't be upset because the SV is a 15 year old design.  The Ninja 250 is 21 years old.  The new bikes are simply an evolution of the ULW class. 

This would be an evolution of the class.  Plus, your bike, if at 335cc, was not even legal to be competing in the ULW class.  Why would you bore a bike to the point of not being legal and still race it in the class?

In reference to who would buy a new bike, isn't that what anyone that bought the new CBR 500 did to run in the 500 class?  Not that you HAD to have a CBR, but some still did.

Manufactures are not going to make bikes to meet CCS rules.  CCS is going to have to adjust it rules to fit the bikes that are available.

apriliaman

I do have a nice looking like new upper bodywork but if i put it on its not gonna be the same bike.I like the old look not the showroom look.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

bruce71198

Quote from: Capitalview on October 22, 2014, 07:34:28 PM
While the quote is partially taken out of context, it still stands that your opinion of evolution of the class is how things go.  You were pointing out that the SV riders shouldn't be upset because the SV is a 15 year old design.  The Ninja 250 is 21 years old.  The new bikes are simply an evolution of the ULW class. 

This would be an evolution of the class.  Plus, your bike, if at 335cc, was not even legal to be competing in the ULW class.  Why would you bore a bike to the point of not being legal and still race it in the class?

In reference to who would buy a new bike, isn't that what anyone that bought the new CBR 500 did to run in the 500 class?  Not that you HAD to have a CBR, but some still did.

Manufactures are not going to make bikes to meet CCS rules.  CCS is going to have to adjust it rules to fit the bikes that are available.

First off I just want to say I am not trying to start a pissing match with anyone, my comments are of the light hearted nature. If I remember correctly (how far did you dig to find that post?) we where talking about the lagality of the 565, correct? The rules already allow that size engine. So there really is no modification to the class to allow it. With the ULTB your talking about altering the rules to allow a new bike. Yes eventually as the new bikes become more popular the rules may need to change.
   I put together the 335cc engine just as an expierament to see what I could extract from it and to see if I could run up with the SV's.
  As far as the 500 class I think Honda was paying money for race wins so that may be easeon to buy new.

Capitalview

Your right, I am taking it to far.  Just being a little bastard the last couple days.  Must be my time of the month

Gino230

Quote from: apriliaman on October 22, 2014, 07:56:58 PM
I do have a nice looking like new upper bodywork but if i put it on its not gonna be the same bike.I like the old look not the showroom look.

I do like the stock look of the original FZR. I was just teasing you.

Seeing your bike made me remember my first bike, which was an FZR 600, probably an '89 model if I remember right? It had a slip on, jet kit, polished rims and the black and grey color scheme. I thought that bike was hells bells, too. I am just afraid that if I rode one today, I'd be disappointed! Oh well.
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

Kordyte

I would love to see the R3 and the KTM390 in ULTB. Give Kawasaki a taste of their own medicine :)

(I am still cranky because every single person who finished in front of me in Amateur this past year was on a 636cc machine :P )
Peter
Expert #847