2015 Schedule

Started by jfboothe, October 08, 2014, 02:03:31 PM

Gino230

Quote from: MACOP1104 on October 31, 2014, 01:08:26 PM
I'm not clear on the AHRMA class rules, I just looked at the lap times of known riders and the machines they were on.   I'm assuming some of it had to do with the more relaxed atmosphere of Ahrma racing, but that is pure speculation on my part.   

Xavier's performance certainly threw off the bell shaped curve.   But even after removing Xavier from the equation, there is a huge difference in lap times between the AHRMA and WERA weekend.  During the WEERA GNF, over 1/2 the field in lwtss were running sub 40 lap times with the majority running in the 38s on 75ish hp SV650s.  Robby McClendon (a very talented and fast rider) won an AHRMA race doing 40s.   At the WERA weekend on the same SV, he got down to 35s and that got him a 3rd place in F2.

No doubt Barber is a very technical and challenging track.   It is a track that favors rider's talent over HP.   Perfect!

I agree in principle. However the level of competition is not the same in AHRMA. It's a laid back place to race. Of course people are always trying to win. But rarely would the top 5 in an AHRMA race also be the top 5 in the same class at another club.
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

Gino230

Quote from: Swiest on October 31, 2014, 12:42:27 PM
lightweight grids were HUGE at GNF.

http://lwtracer.com/roadracing/x-man-crushes-barber-at-2014-wera-gnf/

I'm glad to see that, really. If I were an SV rider, I would not look forward to Daytona either. The rules in WERA favor the SV and that's great, CCS clearly uses a different formula and it works for us.
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

LWT Racer

Didn't say win, I said do well......

It's not horsesht.  yes in most cases, the best rider will win but in other cases best rider couldn't win at Daytona if he doesn't have the $$$ to buy HP.  That's is problem with Daytona, even if you are the best, you could not win if you don't have the pockets to buy the bike.  But at barber, you can win with a $3,000 bike.

You don't see me on either list because it's a very far drive and I'm a poor SV rider   :cheers:
Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer
Lighweight Racing - The struggle is real.

MACOP1104

Quote from: Gino230 on October 31, 2014, 01:18:32 PM
I'm glad to see that, really. If I were an SV rider, I would not look forward to Daytona either. The rules in WERA favor the SV and that's great, CCS clearly uses a different formula and it works for us.

I did 3 CCS weekends this year.   Roebling in March, VIR in June and September.   In 2015, I might do one CCS weekend.  It makes no sense spending money on a series if I'm not participating at the end of year championship round. 

Gino230

Quote from: Swiest on October 31, 2014, 01:21:54 PM
Didn't say win, I said do well......

It's not horsesht.  yes in most cases, the best rider will win but in other cases best rider couldn't win at Daytona if he doesn't have the $$$ to buy HP.  That's is problem with Daytona, even if you are the best, you could not win if you don't have the pockets to buy the bike.  But at barber, you can win with a $3,000 bike.

You don't see me on either list because it's a very far drive and I'm a poor SV rider   :cheers:

Well I'm glad to see we're all friends again  :cheers:
CCS / ASRA EX # 23

Gino230

Quote from: MACOP1104 on October 31, 2014, 02:15:03 PM
I did 3 CCS weekends this year.   Roebling in March, VIR in June and September.   In 2015, I might do one CCS weekend.  It makes no sense spending money on a series if I'm not participating at the end of year championship round. 

I understand how you feel. I did that this year, hitting almost every CCS round for FL. I missed a couple due to work, but for the most part I was at every round. I am right there for a couple championshps, and I did pretty well at Daytona so I'm happy. But next year I'm ready for something new. 15 years hitting the same tracks, I am ready for a new challenge. Of course the MW races are very different, so I'm feeling great about that, too.

I'm thinking about doing AHRMA in Laguna and Sonoma, (back to back), then Barber in Oct. and Daytona. I was hoping to do AMA SS in Daytona, but looks like that event isn't going to happen. So maybe Road Atlanta or ?

Bucket list time :)
CCS / ASRA EX # 23

SV88

Well the CCS FL schedule is up.  Should be down there with the R6 potentially in Dec, Feb, Mar. 
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881

apriliaman

Quote from: Swiest on October 31, 2014, 10:38:33 AM
Sv's don't win at Daytona, no chance with big ducs.  But at barber, if you look at lap times. SV can win.  Xaiver Zayat with a 1:33.6, stock bore SV650.  Mavros, 1:45 on his 800, 1:38 on his 848.  Peulo was 1:48ish on his 1170rs.  So Please try and back up Daytona and how it's not pin it to win it (in light weight classes) when the guys that do very well on those all FL pin it, poin and shoot tracks can't do shit at Barber? 

There are other who will do well where ever, like Melka.  Obviously the guy can flat out ride anything, putting him on that duc depot 1100 hybrid is just insane combination and very fun to watch. 

At Daytona in the LWSS race Darrin had the lead on the first lap till he went on the banking then he got passed like he wasn't even there.By the time he got to the finish line he was 4 seconds behind in the first lap.His top speed on gps was only 136 mph on a Supersport SV 650.He can do 1:31 at NJMP and as you know that is fast on that bike.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

LWT Racer

1:32 at NJMP is best Mavros could do on their big HP fancy duc, what's that tell you about Daytona?  :)
Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer

Cowboy 6

Quote from: Gino230 on October 31, 2014, 01:18:32 PM
If I were an SV rider, I would not look forward to Daytona either.

Completely agree.

QuoteThe rules in WERA favor the SV and that's great,

Complete BS. The WERA rules do not 'favor' the SV. Unless of course, you consider the lack of stacking the deck for the Ducati favoring. The WERA rules are very fair and either bike can win on any given weekend. In fact, if you are a Ducati guy, you should LOVE WERA! You have to run the 1000/1100 with SS rules. Not only do you save a boat load of cash on bike prep, the darn thing will run for EVER without a rebuild.

QuoteCCS clearly uses a different formula and it works for us.

Yes, they do and oh yes, it does. CCS rules are wanting in so many ways when it comes to the lightweight classes. CCS not only uses LW as a dumping ground for uncompetitive MW bikes (748,749 etc), they have zero contact with reality when it comes to classing by potential vs current configuration.
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

LWT Racer

Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer

Gino230

Quote from: Cowboy 6 on November 01, 2014, 06:15:25 AM
Completely agree.

Complete BS. The WERA rules do not 'favor' the SV. Unless of course, you consider the lack of stacking the deck for the Ducati favoring. The WERA rules are very fair and either bike can win on any given weekend. In fact, if you are a Ducati guy, you should LOVE WERA! You have to run the 1000/1100 with SS rules. Not only do you save a boat load of cash on bike prep, the darn thing will run for EVER without a rebuild.

Yes, they do and oh yes, it does. CCS rules are wanting in so many ways when it comes to the lightweight classes. CCS not only uses LW as a dumping ground for uncompetitive MW bikes (748,749 etc), they have zero contact with reality when it comes to classing by potential vs current configuration.

I agree with some of your points, but I think you're a little bitter when it comes to the CCS rule book.

I did run a stock 1000DS for 5 years, and the bike was very competitive, even at Datyona where I won the EX LW SS race in '08. At that time the bike to beat was the Buell 1200 and it was a very competitive matchup. Even a well built SV could keep up. And yes I ran it on pump gas with only basic maintenance the whole time.

Of course that was SEVEN years ago and progress marches on, and of course the SV hasn't kept up as well as other designs that have proven that they can be built to a higher limit. How long before it's eligible for WERA Vintage??

The 748/749 argument is complete horse crap, they are allowed in Thunderbike and LWF40. Sportsman classes, not "all the LW classes". Do you know what Thunderbike used to be called? MW Sportsman. In addition, CCS has added Ultra LW which is similar (if not more restrictive to the Ducati)  to the WERA LW classes, Ducs limited to 800 cc.

So let me get this straight- the SV is a 15 year old design, you have your own class, SV's still win the majority of LW races in CCS, and still the SV riders are claiming "no fair" because a new Ducati Paul Smart is beating them at Daytona??

And before Sam chimes in with "LW is ruined because you can't be competitive on a $3,000 SV anymore" let me say this: LW is no more a "budget" class than MW Supersport is. The riders with the newest and best equipment will always have an advantage. You want a fixed budget? 500 Supersport.
CCS / ASRA EX # 23