News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

superbike/superstock question

Started by jimfowler, July 21, 2014, 09:06:08 PM

jimfowler

Thanks for the clarification.  I completely understand the need for hard-and-fast rules that are consistently enforced.  I guess the only question left is will I have anybody running at my pace?  I do about a 1:28 (don't laugh) at Summit Point.  Will there be anybody out there that I can keep up with? 

Thanks.

- Jim

britx303

hey jim,on the homepage you can check results as well as laptimes of each race and racer to get a good idea of where youd be.either way,i think you will find someone to latch onto regardless.Make the move and i will see ya in a month,as im definatly out for VIR in 2 weeks

franikk

You'll probably be in back with me - I'm a slow guy!

Derick

sign up for whatever class you want to race in.  SuperSport only techs the top 3, so if you are outside of that, no one is going to know.  If by any chance someone protests you (which they have to pay for), and you get DQ'd.  But I dont know who would protest anyone at the back of the pack. 
WERA · CCS · EX #169
I would like to thank the 2014 sponsors...
Riders Discount · AllBalls Racing · Woodcraft · VinylSaurusRex · Pit Bull · Sportbike Tire Service

jethro

Hi Jim. Do what I did. Had a good EX500 to run w/WERA but no fit in AHRMA and the V fest st Barber is a must event for me.
So I now run an SV650 which fits everywhere. Fast enough to be fun (like your F3). All types and ages of riders, not so serious as the 600 4s. Plus you can get a pretty good 1st gen for a coupla grand. Lotsa SVs in CCS And AHRMA, and usually a good showing with WERA. It's a win-win-win. Sticks and rains, good to go!
Yep, V7 in WERA would be a waste to me with so few entries. Hell, I'll be 62 a and you know you can pass my slow old ass if you get an SV.

Eric Kelcher

Quote from: Derick on July 30, 2014, 08:57:22 AM
sign up for whatever class you want to race in.  SuperSport only techs the top 3, so if you are outside of that, no one is going to know.  If by any chance someone protests you (which they have to pay for), and you get DQ'd.  But I dont know who would protest anyone at the back of the pack. 

Derick we try to promote fair racing for all positions and try to insure that all competitors are on legal machines. Yes we do inspect the top 3 with more scrutiny than others but visual inspections are randomly done to the whole field and last place can be disqualified.

FYI We do not allow a rider that is illegal to compete and DQ themselves afterwards due to the competitors that he/she are racing against don't know they are not racing for position.

Other organizations may allow such tactics for revenue generation (or other??) but it is not something we condone allow or look other way on. 
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

britx303

Quote from: jethro on July 31, 2014, 11:05:02 AM
Hi Jim. Do what I did. Had a good EX500 to run w/WERA but no fit in AHRMA and the V fest st Barber is a must event for me.
So I now run an SV650 which fits everywhere. Fast enough to be fun (like your F3). All types and ages of riders, not so serious as the 600 4s. Plus you can get a pretty good 1st gen for a coupla grand. Lotsa SVs in CCS And AHRMA, and usually a good showing with WERA. It's a win-win-win. Sticks and rains, good to go!
Yep, V7 in WERA would be a waste to me with so few entries. Hell, I'll be 62 a and you know you can pass my slow old ass if you get an SV.
I run in V7 with Jim,and i did mention an SV too. Im pondering a switch to one,because like you said,V7 has a terribly small turnout,and the SV is comparable to our 20 something year old 600 i4's,powerwise.And they seem to fit everwhere,with everyone.I am not sure if i can let go of my fzr,but an SV gets more tempting everytime im at the track :ahhh:

apriliaman

Eric I guess you haven't been at the races.I never saw a bike go on pit road and then told they cannot race.Only 1 time a rider had slicks in SS then was told.But I have seen alot say well i'm in the back anyway it don't matter.I know of some bikes that don't fit 1 or 2 classes class but is still raced and no one knows except for me maybe.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

MELK-MAN

Quote from: apriliaman on July 31, 2014, 10:55:31 PM
Eric I guess you haven't been at the races.I never saw a bike go on pit road and then told they cannot race.Only 1 time a rider had slicks in SS then was told.But I have seen alot say well i'm in the back anyway it don't matter.I know of some bikes that don't fit 1 or 2 classes class but is still raced and no one knows except for me maybe.

cheaters suck, and it should not be allowed to go on if it's a significant infraction.. You should say something to someone
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

black89

Club racing rules seem to be slicks are sbk, dot's are ss, especially with the brembo masters allowed. Tech doesn't know what bikes came with nickel plated brembo calipers anymore and they don't measure rotors. It's up to the people competing to go by the rules or not to.

MELK-MAN

Quote from: black89 on August 08, 2014, 04:39:32 PM
Club racing rules seem to be slicks are sbk, dot's are ss, especially with the brembo masters allowed. Tech doesn't know what bikes came with nickel plated brembo calipers anymore and they don't measure rotors. It's up to the people competing to go by the rules or not to.

it just depends.. some regions have some tech officials that know a little somethin about stuff.. FL region is one example. But yes, riders sadly need to "police" themselves to some degree at times.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

JNSRacing

It's been a couple of years since I read the CCS rule book in full, so my apologies if this question is dumb, but what happened to "Classic"? Is it gone? Not enough bikes to run it?

Jim, I'm in the same boat as you... I've been racing my F2 in MCRA, but my class is going away next season, and the only choice for me next year, is AM/EX GT, which is basically an open superbike class - everything goes. As you can imagine, there's no way for me to be remotely competitive on the F2 among the best machines on offer, though it is a very well-built machine, and setup properly.

If I were to keep it, my plan would be to hit some WERA V7 races, and maybe some CMRA Classic and CCS Classic events, but the fact that nobody has brought that class up, tells me that it's no longer in existence?

Anyway, so now I'm trying to sell this V7 bike, as I'm currently trying to buy something that will be competitive in the GT class.
I'm sad to read what you said about the V7 grids being so bare... guess it's a good thing I'm moving on to a new machine, huh?  ::)
MCRA #72