News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Track Bike Rentals

Started by barkley57, April 15, 2014, 09:53:08 PM

barkley57

Hi guys, I wanted to introduce our new website www.trackbikerentals.com and let everyone know that we are offering track bike rentals to riders who want to experience the thrill of riding on the track.  The bikes are not available for rent to race but rather  offer guys or gals the opportunity to get off the street and feel what it's like to turn some laps on a track in a safe environment and hone there skills.  Hopefully the end result is to turn them into future racers for the sport and help it grow further. 
So let me know what you think of the site, the idea in general and of course your opinions.  So far the response has been very positive from other racers.  I know many of you that race with CCS and have friends who only street ride, so please give this mention to them and maybe they will give it a try and hopefully become hooked into racing one day.

I am currently a CCS expert racer that has been racing the KTM RC8R since 2010 and love the bike, but ever since I been operating my KTM dealership it has been hard to make race events due to the business taking priority.  This rental idea come to me a while back and wanted to offer fellow street riders the chance to get on the track without the fear of them having to trash there bike. 
So thank you for time and please feel free to spread the word around to your friends and family and hope to see you at the track.

Bob Michael
B&E Motorsports
410-822-6855

www.trackbikerentals.com
Bob Michael
B&E Motorsports
410-822-6855
www.bemotorsports.net
KTM RC8R #24

barkley57

Wow, 62 views but no responses.  Come on guys, let me know what you think.  I heard both good and bad feedback, majority good on other sites.  So don't be shy.

Bob
Bob Michael
B&E Motorsports
410-822-6855
www.bemotorsports.net
KTM RC8R #24

neuroduc

Hi Bob,  You asked for opinions right?  Here ya go.  All please with a grain of salt as I really do like the idea.  I hope in the end this helps you improve the program.
1. Advertising a track day rental on a race club forum is probably missing the boat, if ya know what i mean.  Yes we "may" have friends (that we do not owe money to) that want to give er a go. 
2.The pricing seems "fair" and is probably a good way to use unsold new bikes. 
3.The financial risk is not really spelled out for a potential rider, and according to the web page could be endless.  The page does not explain the "deposit" unless it is covered in the total fee listed per bike rental.  Maybe list each item that could be damaged and the list price for each.  Handle bars, levers, pegs, bodywork. 
4.I believe the target audience is a new to the track rider.  The emphasis should be on training this "new" track rider.  Consider offering this with an instructor. 
5. The page seems more intent on repeating the risk of financial punishment for damage to the bike.  Though important this will scare off most thinking to give it a try.
Thinking as a newb, I am much more afraid of crashing or having someone crash me.  A max "cost" might be a good idea, maybe the insurance write off balance?  From a contract standpoint it allows both parties to have some grasp of "total" responsibility. 
6.The list of expenses is illogical.  Please compare apples to apples.  Ex. Will I save the $100 for transport because you will be taking me to the track?  What does the $100 of maintenance cover on a "new" bike.  Yes buying a bike to take to the track for one day is not sensible.  Maybe compare the cost of converting my bike for track use. 
7. The rental cost is approximately one tenth the cost of new so 10 track rentals and I could have purchased the bike and rode forever for free? 
8. The selection of bikes is excellent, I would consider a brief description of the level of experience that each bike would accomodate. Is it kind of silly to think a new rider trying a track day would rent an RC8 with slicks?
I really hope this helps and is taken as constructive not punative critique. 
Best Wishes Brad. 

Admin

But should had been in Commercial Classifieds.  :thumb:

Dragon

I agree with neuroduc. It seems rather pricey for a racer who is already dumping in a ton of money towards the race season. I understand the logistics of insurance towards these bikes but maybe you could offset the price by offering racer support or possibly even throw in free use of gear for the day (for non-racers who dont have full gear). I don't know if I missed it on the site but does the rental of the bike include the track day? If not maybe make it an all-inclusive event with the bike rental. You could possibly even throw in a free lunch. It wouldn't cost you much but adding these additional incentives toward your large asking price for renting the bike makes it more appealing if you know what I mean.