News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Blackhawk 600 record?

Started by spyderchick, May 15, 2007, 10:18:48 AM

lightnin_larry

I think Mark's lap record might be a 1:08:9.  He did it on the Wegman weekend 2004.
I've only done a 10.6 on a 600 and  9.3 on a R1.
And I wont go any faster the next time I'm not there.   :)

Bobby was going extremely well for his first visit to Blackhawk.

I think there should be just one lap record though.  The fastest one.
Larry Denning / retired ass kicker

zx10ragentorange

Quote from: lightnin_larry on May 15, 2007, 02:07:26 PM
I think Mark's lap record might be a 1:08:9.  He did it on the Wegman weekend 2004.
I've only done a 10.6 on a 600 and  9.3 on a R1.
And I wont go any faster the next time I'm not there.   :)

Bobby was going extremely well for his first visit to Blackhawk.

+1

Dr675

A lot of tracks (Road America initially comes to mind) keeps lap records for every class.  Someone who sets a Formula Ford lap record should be acknowledged as they have no chance of ever getting close to the overall track record set by a Champ Car.  I could see the same for 600's v 1000's. 
"...you gotta kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight"- BNL

StumpysWife

I have it in my head that the 1000 record is 1:08.?? and the 600 is 1:09.??. 

But my head is not what it used to be...

fourandsix

WOW i almost missed all of this being out of town . Dan couldn't do a flat 10 if he fell out of a 747. The thing that is funny is that little Bobby Fong all 16 years old that has never been to Blackhawk was able to do a 10:3 and at least another 15 laps in the 10:5/6 range. Lets make it clear never been there before. It was fun watching him from row 5 come around in 2nd place in the GTO race in the 1st lap where i was watching in 3a . It's so funny when a newcomer shows up and spanks that's right spanks the local boys. Not to take anything away from Brian but he had nothing on Bobby and the last few laps or so just let bobby go. You have to remember Bobby will probably never be there so the points don't matter. Now i wish we would have stayed for Sunday as i am sure he would have did 9's no problem. The best part is he rode the Fontana setup with no changes. Lets just give the kid his kudos as he had a good couple of races. I look forward to seeing everyone at Road America , if you think he did well at Blackhawk wait till Road America , he has never been there before either.  Jim

Heather , it was great seeing you and Stumpy and Hayden!

Team_Serpent

Quote from: lightnin_larry on May 15, 2007, 02:07:26 PMI think there should be just one lap record though.  The fastest one.

Agreed, and it should be announced / verified by a track official or the sanctioning body of the event.

Anybody can say they broke the track record.

JBraun

How about we just say that Hall, Farrell, Johnson and Fong all went very fast last weekend.

ASRA/CCS MW #29
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
PIRELLI

fourandsix

Quote from: Jeff on May 15, 2007, 10:50:22 AM
ROFLMAO... 
When I read that yesterday I KNEW there would be comments. 

Would have only been better with a Brian Hall quote of "and then we packed up the 12' trailer and went home.  We stopped at Taco Bell along the way".
:lmao:

Your right Jeff the Semi was the deciding Factor and the Tacos at Alvarez's we had Saturday night are the s*it

motobenco

Rescue and restoration of 60's & 70's motorcycles, former pro-racer, motorsports enthusiast.

Team_Serpent

Quote from: fourandsix on May 15, 2007, 03:19:36 PMWOW i almost missed all of this being out of town . Dan couldn't do a flat 10 if he fell out of a 747.

Jim, sometimes you would be better off refraining from saying anything.

Quote from: fourandsix on May 15, 2007, 03:19:36 PMThe thing that is funny is that little Bobby Fong all 16 years old that has never been to Blackhawk was able to do a 10:3 and at least another 15 laps in the 10:5/6 range. Lets make it clear never been there before.

I'm not sure I see the humor here but, your right Bobby is fast and has done well in learning new tracks. It looks like he's got the potential to do very well in the sport.

Quote from: fourandsix on May 15, 2007, 03:19:36 PMIt's so funny when a newcomer shows up and spanks that's right spanks the local boys. Not to take anything away from Brian but he had nothing on Bobby and the last few laps or so just let bobby go.
You have to remember Bobby will probably never be there so the points don't matter. Now i wish we would have stayed for Sunday as i am sure he would have did 9's no problem.

Now you're just trash talking and sound like a dick.  If you think what you said here isn't taking anything away from Brian then you really are an idiot. No doubt Bobby ran really well but to say he spanked everyone is a bit of an over-statement.

Quote from: fourandsix on May 15, 2007, 03:19:36 PMThe best part is he rode the Fontana setup with no changes.

Doesn't matter to anyone here.

Quote from: fourandsix on May 15, 2007, 03:19:36 PMLets just give the kid his kudos as he had a good couple of races.

Absolutely, kudos to Bobby!

Quote from: fourandsix on May 15, 2007, 03:19:36 PMI look forward to seeing everyone at Road America , if you think he did well at Blackhawk wait till Road America , he has never been there before either.  Jim

See ya there

DanO966

Quote from: J Farrell / Speed Tech Motorsp on May 15, 2007, 11:45:11 AM
So bad on Dan for not making a Press Release or CCS for not making a Press release.
Hey Jason, I didn't think it was a big deal...it wasn't the fastest lap around the place...I guess I could (should) of made a big deal about it...Tho I pulled that one out of my ass catching Brian.  He was starting to check out like he likes to do...lol

Quote from: fourandsix on May 15, 2007, 03:19:36 PM
Dan couldn't do a flat 10 if he fell out of a 747.
:finger:  I couldn't do 1:10 on a 4&6 built bike it would blow up before I got finished with the lap.  So Jim go F**K yourself!!!!!!

Quote from: lightnin_larry on May 15, 2007, 02:07:26 PM
Good call.

This whole thread is BS.... you do know if CCS would step up the AMB timers we all could just go and look up the lap times. 

I just got off the phone with Eric at CCS they don't have lap times from old races.  I guess they only have the fastest lap on file.  So I really don't have anything to stand on for my claim...After that race I asked timing and scoring to see the lap time and I did a 1:10.008 according to CCS' sheet.  I think Allison got a 1:10.1 on her stopwatch but it is what it is.  Plus people came up to me after that race about my flyer cuz they were talking about it over the PA.

I'm not going to make a big deal about it.  It's old news cuz I'm sure it's gonna be 9s next time.  So I'm gonna have my work cut out for me when I come back! 
DanO CCS/WERA/AMA/ASRA #966
Convergence Technologies/MD Racing
'12 Yamaha R6
'11 Yamaha R6

dicatirider944

Don't we run transponders here??  It should be pretty easy to find out the truth about all this shouldn't it?